Was suchen Sie?
24 April 2017 /
Charter for international family mediation processes
A How to Use sets recommendations for an increased cooperation between administrative and legal authorities and specialised mediation structures.The Charter is a multifaceted document informing authorities, families and professionals on the standards proper to crossborder processes and on the quality they can expect from mediation services.
In addition, the Charter:
- helps mediators and administrators to structure the mediation processes;
- serves as a base to develop mediation trainings;
- sets the groundwork for a global network of qualified international family mediators.
The charter presents 10 core principles for the conduct of cross-border family mediations:
- Voluntary participation
- Suitability of mediation
- Decision-making by the participants
- Access to independent legal advice for each participant
- Consideration of rights and interests of children
- Qualifications of mediators
- Cultural awareness andsensitivity